Sunday, December 4, 2011

serendipity

So normally I don't do life-related posts (I generally just keep it to clothing) but since I failed at taking photos of my outfit for dinner last night, and it was a good outfit, you get to see it via random photos of me and all of my friends! We went to Serendipity as a late celebration of my roommate Nicole's birthday - so here you go!

loft button down
forever21 skirt
street market pendant
target boots

So when our friend Jess made the reservations, we were told that we had to wear pink, to fit in with the decor of the restaurant (which was absolutely adorable by the way - besides the dessert, it was the only thing I really liked about that restaurant, unfortunately). But then when we all met up, Nicole and I were the only ones in pink! And do you know how difficult it was for me to find a pink outfit? You are actually looking at just about everything pink I own.  Though I must say I like the juxtaposition of the red skirt and the pale pink blouse.



And here's an adorable group shot of (almost) everyone in front of the John Carroll statue at Georgetown - just ignore the giant dog stuffed animal.

 thegeorgetowndish.com

 And since I failed at taking photos of the interior myself, here is a picture of one of the rooms inside the restaurant - don't you love all the pretty lamps? The room we were in also had a chair hanging from the ceiling, and all of these pretty gilt  mirrors.

I have to say, the food wasn't my favorite, and they lost our reservation (and were completely unapologetic about it). But its an adorable place, the desserts are fantastic, and it was so lovely to be out with all of my friends - we rarely get all together like this, it's so hard to schedule time when everyone is free. As in, we literally made a doodle poll to see when this would work. So it's been a great weekend so far, hope you all agree!

4 comments:

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)