Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm back ... in sweatpants

Well readers (if there are any of you left), it's been about a month since I last posted. As you know from the last post, I broke my foot - or rather fractured it in several places. As far as mobility goes, about the same thing. What you don't know is that at my next doctor's appointment, they told me that I needed surgery, and that I should probably go home to Minnesota for said surgery since it would be about 3 weeks of painful, seriously-drugged recovery. And my dean told me that if I was gone for the full 3 weeks, I should just withdraw for the semester and come back in the fall fresh and healed. I was freaking out. Like really freaking out. I ended up going home, but I didn't need surgery, which was amazing! Apparently my foot is just on the brink of needing surgery and not, with about 2 or 3 millimeters between the fractures, so they should just knit themselves back together. He said that surgery could make things a little bit better possibly, but either way I will most likely have long-term foot problems and having a surgery is obviously very traumatic to the body. So we decided against it. And I'm back at school!

In sweatpants.

Oh readers, you don't know how painful it is! Or perhaps you too have broken your foot and have had to endure the pain of such loose, informal pants. Every. Day. If you've read my blog before, you may have picked up on the fact that my style is generally tight pants or short skirts with larger, flowy tops. I have since actually had to go out to buy more form-fitting tops to go with my larger, fleece-y bottoms. 

Wearing sweatpants all the time reminded me of the Alexander Wang Spring 2010 RTW show - I'm sure you all remember it, the Americana, football-esque show was quite a hit. 

If only me wearing sweatpants could look like this! Alas, the tight, cropped style of sweatpants doesn't exactly fit over the boot that is my cast, and I can't really wear the cute, more feminine-looking heels that sweatpants have more recently been paired with for a more dressed-up look.

Me in sweatpants is more like this:

Yay for oversized school-logo pants! But I'm working with it, trying to find new combinations in my wardrobe to mix things up and go with my new pants-of-choice (or necessity, I suppose). And hopefully after spring break it will be warm again and I can wear skirts! It was a balmy 70 degrees here in D.C this past Friday and it felt amazing to have bare legs again. Not to mention much more stylish. 

I'm also contemplating cutting up a pair of tights so that I can slide them over my cast then tuck them in. Thoughts? Any other suggestions, for those of you that have faced the same problem?

Hopefully I will begin posting again, I've missed this. It's just hard to be excited about what I'm wearing when I'm I can't wear anything I want (for example, my jeggings. I miss them. Soooo much.)

So wish me luck! Who knows how these next few months will go...

alexander wang images style.com / sweatpants georgetown bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)